The only acupuncture clinic specializing in gender affirming surgical recovery.
We happily work with MDs, surgeons, and other healthcare providers to give you the most well-rounded care possible. Each person’s journey is unique and our mission is to provide you will all of the available options and power to make your own informed decisions about how and when you want your path to unfold.
- Reduce pain, skin irritation, back pain, shortness of breath, heartburn, chest acne, and reduced range of motion from binding or gaffing to improve surgical outcomes
- Improve urinary leakage, incontinence, and other pelvic floor issues caused by compression and/or lack of bathroom access to improve surgical outcomes
- Improve skin mobility and elasticity to obtain optimal graft for phalloplasty
- Reduce preexisting scar tissue, muscle spasms, and improve circulation to improve surgical outcomes
- Improve urinary leakage, incontinence, and other pelvic floor issues caused by compression, lack of bathroom access, and/or surgery
- Reduce pain with sex, penetration, and post-vaginoplasty dilation
- Increase orgasmic capacity
- Reduce post-surgical pain and reduce need for narcotics
- Speed healing, reduce scarring, and reduce need for revision surgeries
- Improve sensation and reduce post-surgical nerve pain
- Improve post-surgical constipation
- Improve circulation to prevent blood clots
- Improve pelvic floor function and urination post bottom surgery
- Improve graft healing
- Reduce post-surgical pelvic pain and prevent adhesions and scar tissue that can impair function and cause chronic pain
- Prevent granulation, fistula, and poor healing post-vaginoplasty
- Reduce hot flashes, night sweats, and other hormonal symptoms post-hysterectomy
- Prevent capsular contraction and muscle weakness post breast augmentation
I offer post-surgical home visits.
- Post-surgical acupuncture ‘home’ visits to reduce pain and the need for narcotics, reduce swelling, bruising, and inflammation, ease constipation and urination, and to speed recovery and healing.
- Treatment timelines vary per surgery, from one visit per week to daily visits.
$160, 1 hour.
Bridge tolls and mileage ($0.50/mile from Oakland) added; waived for 2 or more patients. Available at home or recovery center with facility permission. No travel fees for ‘house’ calls at Trans Heartline Recovery Center.
Post-Surgical Packages: 4 for
$640 $560, 8 for $1280 $1120.
Schedule a consultation: 510-394-2743.
Scars more than one month old can be treated with acupuncture and herbal medicine. Depending on your scar type and preferences it may involve a combination of acupuncture, moxibustion/moxa (a warming herbal therapy), compresses and other topical applications, cupping, lymphatic massage, or myofascial release. These techniques not only reduce the appearance of scars but also break up scar tissue and adhesions, improve nerve and tissue regeneration, reduce keloids and calcification, and ease pain and other lasting symptoms.
Join the Prism Family! Subscribe to our newsletter and get $30 off your first visit.
All advice on this site and blog is for educational uses only. Always consult your doctor before taking any herbs or supplements, or schedule an acupuncture appointment with Katrina to get your own personalized herbal formula and acupuncture treatment. Questions? Check out the FAQ or resources pages or contact.